Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ouch...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ouch...

Good morning or evening or day or night or afternoon ladies and gentlemen and whattup. My name is Hamed Khatiz and I am a sixteen year old student, friend, advicer, music lover, drummer and many more. My main message, however has to do with the music lover part.

Over the past 3 days, I have noticed a porblem which is kind of difficult to not notice. When I put my headphones in, my ears murder me. It is kind of like an achy, sharpy kind of pain just above the hole in your ear. When I put my finger there, I feel something. It is a small lump, feels small, kind of like a pimple type thing. It means I have trouble listening to my music fully and for me, that's disaster.

Furthermore, there used to be a bump just below the hole in your ear. That's physically gone, but it still hurts there too.

Sweet, thanks....
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Noting serious it's most probably a pimple. You could apply warm compress and for pain relief you can use OTC  Tylenol (acetaminophen). The other causes could be due to fungal infections, otitis externa, mastoiditis or an enlarged lymph node.  You may need to consult your primary care physician who will examine you and initiate appropriate therapy.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.