Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Overproduction of sinus mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Overproduction of sinus mucus

Dr. I'm gagging, croaking & sucking down and out a tremendus amount of mucus.  This has gone on for years after getting a severe sinus infection.  I have seen ent's, allergists and my internal med Dr. and still can't get any relieve.  It's getting much worse and my life has become unbearable.  I test neg. for allergy's and have had several ct scans of the sinuses which never show anything, which doesn't suprise me since I have to clear out before leaving the house.  My salvilary glands have been checked out by scan aand they are not the isssue.  The only thing that stops it for awhile is a 21 day pred burst.  Obviously I can't do that too often.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  My eye's always itch but supposedly I have no allergy.  I have hbp and take many drugs for that and also have sle lupus & asthma. I take prevacid and have even tried nexium , however w/o any changes, A ph probe at a teaching hosp. in Mi was done and was neg for gerd, yet I take the med's anyhow just in case . I feel hopeless, I'm 64 yr old female.