PLAESE READ, Is this problem serious?
Hi, I'm Sam, am 20, and I have a problem, that is compleatly my own fault. I have a habit of listening to music for long periods of time, very loudly,and had no headache, earache,or hearing loss, but now I don't listen to music at all because it's gave me some issues, that I wouldn't have if I didn't play my music so darn loud....

Three weeks ago I woke up with vertigo, bad, that lasted for two days, and then went away, but I remained light headed and have been ever since; I have also had a headache at the base of my head and on the back of my head at the right, sinus pressure, and have also had stiff neck pain on the back and side of my neck.

Sometimes fluid runs down the back of my throat, but no congestion or sore throat. The strangest symptom is that one night I had prickly sensations on my head(scalp), and tingly numbness above my right eyebrow, and in my right foot. I know the problem is caused by my right ear because the headache is on the right, and I do have a little pain,not much,that persists only when air blows around or in that ear.

Please help me figure out how to resolve this, and please help me figure out what this is and if it is something more serious,especially with the stiff neck pain and sinus pressure/prickly numbness...thankyou!

Samantha:)
These symptoms were not caused by playing your music too loud. However, playing your music too loud WILL eventually give you some degree of hearing loss and tinnitus (ringing in the ears) if you keep it up. Both of those things are IRREPARABLE. So turn it down! :)

The other symptoms could be lots of things. See your family doctor about the stiff neck and sinus problems. Stiff neck could be serious. I would call your doctor about that even on the weekend IF it gets worse or if you get a fever or feel very lethargic or anything else unusual. However, if the stiff neck has been going on for some time, it's probably not anything that serious.

Headache (especially one-sided), vertigo, and tingling could be caused by migraine, but they could also be caused by other things. Talk to your family doctor and tell him or her all your symptoms and when they started in relation to each other. Make sure to mention whether you are a migraineur or have a family history of migraine.

Good luck,

Nancy T.