Pain 10 Weeks after FESS
I had functional endoscopic surgery (including septoplasty) on March 22nd, and the front of my face still hurts almost three months on. Worse, I feel disequilibrium similar to that of an inner-ear infection, but without any signs of actual infection.

Is it not unheard-of for these sorts of symptoms to persist for 10 weeks after surgery, or should I be concerned that a problem may have occurred?

Thanks!
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Post surgery for it to completely heal it may take up to 6 months. However, if there is discharge or swelling, it needs to be evaluated to rule out an infection. Also, the dizziness may not be related to the surgery. If your symptom of dizziness is relieved by eating something, it may indicate that you might be having episodes of hypoglycemia. Inadequate sleep can also cause tiredness, fatigue and dizziness. Other causes for these symptoms are inner ear infections; brain disorders heart problems, fever, stress, low blood pressure and anxiety. Please consult your GP who will examine you and may ask for blood tests for evaluating blood sugar and CBC.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.