Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pain and pressure behind eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Pain and pressure behind eyes

I have been experiencing pain and pressure behind and around my eyes for about 10 years.  I have always felt it was related to my sinuses and have been treated as such.  I have had several cat scans over this time period which are always negative.  In the past 3 months I have been treated for sinus infection 3 times with antibiotics and steroids.  Every time the treatment ends, the symptoms come back.  My most recent scan showed some congestion in the cavity center and back.  I am being treated for this with Flagyl, Levaquin, Prednisone, Mucinex and a sinus wash.  While I am somewhat improved I am still experiencing congestion and pain/pressure.  This is not constant, but seems to be related to how I am using my eyes (how much I am using them, how I turn them, etc.)  I feel like I can hear and feel movement in my head of what I feel is mucous, as I move and turn my head and the pain is like a pressure band around the lower back side of my head, up the sides above the ears and across my forehead and behind my eyes (and sometimes down into my teeth.  I feel like I am rarely without this dull throbbing pain, it just gets milder at times and I have learned to live with it.  I am beginning to wonder if it is just my sinuses or if something else is involved.  I am wondering whether I am ever going to be free of this or if I should be trying a different treatment.
ildsijhbre oigrbf vc
I've been having a problem with pressure in face, clogged ears, pressure in eyes, and headache sometimes i even feel like i'm going to fall over and faint.
A temporary help for some of your symptoms wouls be SINUS FLOODING.  Warm approximately 8 ounces of distilled or purified water in microwave.  Add 10 -40% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE TO THE WATER ( 3/4 to 2 ounces),1-2 PINCHES OF BAKING SODA, And a pinch of salt.  Mix well.  Put soloution in small bottle with squirting capabilies.  Ger hand towel and lay flat on floor with towel on side of nostril to be done first.  Squirt hard one to two times for each nostril.  If your nasal passages are sensitive, I reccommend no more than one ounce of hyd.per. when making your batch.  Let me know how this works for you.
A product that I recently purchased from  a national allergy company is called AGRUMAX.  It works wonders for sinusITIS/CONGESTION.  Use 8 drops of this product insted of hydrogen peroxide in the SINUS FLOODING recipe.  
Sounds like allergies. If you haven't already, go to an allergy doctor and get tested. Figure out what foods you might be allergic to as well as whatever comes out in the tests (the tests are not always accurate).
It's better to avoid what is causing your problems in the first place, other than just treating symptoms.  It won't be perfect, but it might help.
I assume you have gone to a respiratory specialist, if not, you should.

I have the same problem you're describing. I take three different allergy medicines, plus shots. When the pain or pressure is bad, I use a nasal rinse kit and that helps a lot. You might have to keep doing it, though. Mucinex is also good.
Hey, i'm 24 and i've been having similar problems for around 6 years now and it is just so annoying but i too have learnt to live with it, sometimes the only way i feel i can control it is to take a nap and rest my eyes but of course it is only a matter of time until the constant throbbing pain starts to get worse again. Having this pain has helped me appreciate how nice it is to feel healthy on my good days though. I wish you all the best and hopefuly one day we'll be free of this debilitating problem, thanks
A lot of these sound like problems my daughter was having. She saw an ENT doctor who did testing.  She has a deviated septum, like me, and surgery was recommended. She was also a mouth breather. Since the surgery, she says her headaches have pretty much gone away and she feels so much better.  Do any of you know if you have deviated septums?  Also, when I had sinus infections, years ago, the doctor I had then prescribed a sulfa drug and it knocked it right out. Moved here, got a sinus infection and the doc here gave me antibiotics and nasal spray.  Never did help. I went back and requested a sulfa drug and, once again, it worked.  Just a thought.