Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pain on left side of face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Pain on left side of face

I have a pain that starts behind my left ear and moves down to my jaw. I notices  that I have wetness in my left ear, pain and a pressure. The left side of my face twiches for about five to ten minutes at least once a week. People are telling me that they can see that the left side of my face and neck of swollen. I noticed that my lymph nodes are swollen and painful to the touch. I went to a ENT he said that both my ears are red, my uvula is very long, the inside of my nose is swollen, and that the tissue from where I had my tonsils removed are so swollen that it looks like I have tonsils. The doctor put me on medicine because he thinks it might be allegies. Now I am becoming light headed and the pain in my face is real bad. I can not stand for anything not even air it touch my face.  I can now taste blood that is draining in the back on my throat. Can some please let my know what to do or if you had this problem what did you do.