Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pain on one side of throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Pain on one side of throat

Ive had a pain on one side of my throat for about 6 weeks. It is worse in the morning and evening, and seems to be worse then I am tired or dehydrated. It ranges from mild discomfort to sever pain. I can generally only feel it when I swallow, and sometimes when I talk.

I went to the doctor when it first started and he said it must be something viral and there is nothing he could do about it. After 5 weeks i went back and he prescribed me some lozenges, which are doing nothing. He said if they dont work, go back to see him and he will refer me to an ENT specialist at the hospital.

Any idea what it could be? Im really worried, partly because I had skin cancer some years ago and have since become a bit of a hyperchondriac!
I agree with the Doc something viral is going on, sometimes takes a little while to clear, go back if it hasnt got better in a few days, drink plenty of fluids, Warm greenTea with a spoon of Honey, Gargle with salt water the same way you do with mouth wash, Suck Menthol lozenges, Halls are good,
Thanks. Ive been referred to ENT now so just waiting an appointment. Fingers crossed its northing to worry about!
Im feeling the same way dont know what it is, It feels worse in the morning then feels a little better in the afternoon.?