Pain on opening mouth fully
Hi, I am 28 yrs old.  I have been having pain behind my right ear on opening my mouth fully for about 2 weeks now.  I do not see any redness or swelling surrounding the jaw or ear, the pain seems to be internal.  I have no problem with my teeth or gums either.  When I try to open my mouth fully, the pain is very severe and also, I have headache, the pain is near the eyebrow and behind my neck.  I have on and off fever and chills and also nauseousness and dizziness sometimes.  My hearing in the right ear is normal and no infection either.  Please let me know exactly what it is related to and what doctor shud i seek if needed?

This seems to be arthritis of the temporomandibular joint on the right side, the joint capsule is damaged because of which it is getting stretched while you open the mouth widely as well the pain over the front of head is due to muscle strain caused.You can take pain relievers (such as Ibuprofen/Diclofenac), can apply pain relieving gel over the joint and do gentle massage for 3-5min. Avoid chewing hard food on the affected side, take only soft feeds. If the pain persist you can consult faciomaxillar surgeon.

Regards
OHNS2010
thanks...