Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pain under right ear and down neck
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain under right ear and down neck

I am having some pain under my right ear and down my neck, I am also having pain in my chest and back on the right side. My doctor said I have costocondritis, he put me on celebrex for 2 weeks, it did not help. He then put me on a prednesone steroid pack, on the fourth day of my pred. pack I woke up sweating and had a very fast heart beat, went to the er and they kept me in the hospital for 4 days running test. my heart was in atrial fibrilation for a day then went back to sinus rythem. All test looked good and they took me off all medicine. My problem with my neck, back and chest on the right side is still there, and i am afraid to take anything for it because I feal like the prednisone is what caused my heart to go into atrial fib. Has anyone ever heard of any of this? Any info would be great, I am starting to worry my self sick, wich probally doesnt help. Thanks  
To: