Painful swallowing
Well I have developed a sore throat that is pretty well sore...  Its red and swollen looking at it and its difficult to swallow and eat.  I have had a minor cough due to allergies for the last week or so.  So thats not what's bugging me.  Last night I developed a stiff neck but its not stiff up and down its more side to side, I have also had a headache, fever, chills, leg aches, swollen glands in my neck, and a little vertigo upon standing.  I generally just feel as if I am sick.  It feels like maybe I have the flu or strep, but my co-workers are freaking me out with the "swine flu" pandemic that is going on.  I currently live in Missouri where no cases have been documented of this.  I will be visiting the doctor as soon as I can get in but my question now is does this just sound like the regular flu, or maybe strep?  I don't really want to get all freaky over nothing.  Thanks all!
I have had a similar experience but my sore throat has lasted more than 3 weeks. Sometimes it feels like it's getting better but then it comes back the next day.

Waiting to hear back after a strep throat culture test. I'm no expert, but it sounds like you need to get some tests done.