Aa
A
A
Close
Painful swallowing
Well I have developed a sore throat that is pretty well sore...  Its red and swollen looking at it and its difficult to swallow and eat.  I have had a minor cough due to allergies for the last week or so.  So thats not what's bugging me.  Last night I developed a stiff neck but its not stiff up and down its more side to side, I have also had a headache, fever, chills, leg aches, swollen glands in my neck, and a little vertigo upon standing.  I generally just feel as if I am sick.  It feels like maybe I have the flu or strep, but my co-workers are freaking me out with the "swine flu" pandemic that is going on.  I currently live in Missouri where no cases have been documented of this.  I will be visiting the doctor as soon as I can get in but my question now is does this just sound like the regular flu, or maybe strep?  I don't really want to get all freaky over nothing.  Thanks all!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
866647 tn?1283982965
I have had a similar experience but my sore throat has lasted more than 3 weeks. Sometimes it feels like it's getting better but then it comes back the next day.

Waiting to hear back after a strep throat culture test. I'm no expert, but it sounds like you need to get some tests done.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources