Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Painless Tightness in head and insomnia for over a year?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I am suffering from this strange tightness or numbness (which is painless) in my head . It is as if someone has it held in a grip like vice and was squeezing...like a popping pressure not painful . It all started one year ago when i couldn't sleep for 21 days . In the first few days i didn't experience any noises in ear but on the 18th day started experience strange noises. then doctor treated me for schizophrenia and my CT scan was normal. my treatment lasted for 6 months and during these 6 months my sleep was normal. But after this my sleep once again started to decrease and now a days i only sleep for 2 to 3 hrs. I am not under any stress these days but this fear of tightness does not allow me to sleep. Any ideas or test which you think help me to find my problem.
Environmental allergies..caused by the  aerial spraying, yes India gets a lot, do some research and look up the video 'What on Earth are they Spraying" I get symptoms similar to what you describe...ask for a heavy Metal Toxicity test
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

You will need to follow up with your doctor for the schizophrenia and get treated. Sometimes migraines can cause these odd sensations without an actual headache. If you have blurring of vision, nausea and see some light flashes it could most probably be due to a migraine. The other causes could be due to hypertension, cardiac diseases, tumors, aneurysms and some metabolic disorders like hyperthyroidism. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.