Painless swollen glands in Neck
My 3 year old had small hard pea-size lumps in his neck since birth.  During a recent vacation I noticed that his neck had become swollen under his ears, the right side larger than the left. The swelling is extremely visable.  These lumps extend almost from the back of his ear down his neck.  When he tilts his head back, he also has swollen glands under his chin.  He has a slight cough but that's it, he hasn't had a fever.  He has had diarrhea but we attributed that to traveling and becoming constipated due to potty-training.  We called his Dr. while on vacation and she said not to rush to the ER unless he develops a fever.  It's been a week now and the swelling has not gone down.  We have an appointment tomorrow. Can anyone help???
I have a two year old that developed a large swelling of a lymph node under his right jaw, It took his doctors a month to diagnose including ct scan and lab work, believe it or not it turned out to be cat scratch fever, this happened at the end of January, antibiotics took the swelling down but he still has a hard pebble like knot, this past week we met with a ENT doctor and they are discussing removing this node, supposedly it is safe to do but we are getting a second opion, I hope this helps because it was the last thing i thought he could have.
Thank you for your response.  It actually turned out that my son has mono.  He developed all the classic symptoms (tired, slight fever, night sweats, etc.).  His Dr. confirmed with a blood test.  He has his 4-week recheck in a couple of days.  His glands are still swollen... we'll keep our fingers crossed.
my son woke up with a swollen eyes that is painless. he is three and half years old. what can i do. it has a little yellow discharge which looks like the normal eye discharge or is it not?