Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Persistent soreness in trachea/larynx/vocal cords

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Hi-

Last week i had an allergy attack due to tree pollen and my throat swelled up for a short time. At one point i swallowed hard and felt a "popping" or "cracking" sound in my throat. Ever since then the left side of my trachea in the area of my larynx  and adams apple has been sore when i swallow and when i touch that area it's sore and tender as well as when i tilt my head back. I am breathing just fine and feel fine now except for that. I'm also a singer and when i sing upper octave (high) notes since this happened there is a soreness in my vocal cords that accompanies this. It's been four days and the soreness is still present. When i went to my GP he felt around my neck and said he didn't feel any issue with the thyroid or lymph nodes. So i feel it has something to do with possible trauma to my larynx or vocal cords.

So my question here is, anybody have any ideas on what this could be before i make an appointment with an ENT? Thanks!