Phantosmia?
I have been without smell/taste for almost one year.  ENT examined via scope and MRI - nothing further.  Opinion is that there was damage to the olfactory nerve from several bouts of sinusitis.  Damage probably permanent (?)

Over the past 3-4 months, I've been experiencing what I believe may be phantosmia.  When I am around food there seems to be a foul odor much like a dirty cat box or spoiling meat.  No one else smells it; it's very frustrating and disconcerting.  This same sensation happens throughout the day, but tends to fade in and out.  Is this some kind of phantom sensation, or is it possible that my olfactory nerve(s) could be regenerating?

Medications being taken:  Metformin, synthroid, effexor,singulair, lisinopril, zocor
Medical conditions:  Type 2 Diabetes, hypothyroid, depression, allergies, Hi BP, Hi Chol