Pinkish pleghm!! unknown cause.
Hiya guys, i hope this is the right thread to ask this here.

I've had a problem crop up over a few days and more, and its been concurrent to happen every time i wake up from sleeping and especially during the day.

Almost every day non stop it seems (its more like every few minutes but, just what it feels like), i am hacking,sniffing, and even gag reflex wretching to clear my throat of phlegm that just seems to continually come up without me having a cold or flu of any kind, i just cant seem to feel like i'm clear of moisture on my throat.

I dont know anything that can give direct relief and I've been hoping this would clear up on its own, but, with the next problem coming about, this isn't the case!

I've managed to notice on several mornings, or any time I've taken a nap, the moment i wake, i need to clear my throat, and when i do, its blood tinged or pinkish, sometimes in very small amounts or streaks, or a brownish amount. after a few coughs it runs clear again. I dont feel any direct chest pain, my heart rate seems to feel okay, i've only felt tightness in my chest and some moments where it feels a little pressured to breathe..i can go out and about fine so....i dont really know where i stand with this...

i didn't want to google search symptoms, because they always come back with the worst cases such as, heart failure, pneumonia and chest cancer...and thats the last thing i want on my mind!

I'm 25, i do smoke and there roll up branded tobacco, the kind you make yourself, and i dont know if its cos' i smoke a little too much... that's possibly one factor, but, other than that....i dont know what to do!

I could go to my doctor, but, can anyone suggest anything or give me a heads up on how to relieve this?

i'd appreciate it!!

Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to a post nasal drip, which can cause a chronic irritation in the throat. This could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. It could be sinusitis, if it is accompanied by nasal stuffiness and facial pain or pressure. Post nasal drip could also be due to allergens. These are substances like pollen, dust, animal dander, certain foods, insect venoms and certain medications. Exposure to allergens causes a runny nose with a resultant post nasal drip where secretions from the nose go backward into the throat and irritate causing cough. Cough is a protective mechanism by the body as it helps to prevent infections. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt gargles and take OTC antihistamines.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.