Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Plugged Ear for 7 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Plugged Ear for 7 weeks

I have been going to ear specilalist all my life. I am 40 years old and am tired of always having ear issues.I have had 10 set of tubes. My specialist has told me that I have chronic oilitis, which the way I understand mean my eardrum is embedded into the bones, which i have no air passage. He had mentioned I go buy a floaty plug nose and blow it up to try to pop the eardrum and bring it out away from bone structure. I have done this 100 of times with no sucess? I have tried the steroids sprays, to over the counter meds,oils everything. Now once again contracted a cold my ear is 100% plugged and has been for several weeks and have complete hearing lose in that ear.Is there a surgery I can have to fix this problem permently?
I'm watching too for an answer, in the meantime what you have posted makes me believe surgery could be a fix, not sure about the fix giving you good hearing.  Is there a difference between plugged and deaf, loss of hearing?