Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Polyps on voice box

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Polyps on voice box

Hello my name is Karen and I have a huge concern.  I had been diagnosed of having polyps on my voice box 10 years ago.  I had a beautiful voice and could sing with my sisters in chior and then my voice turned raspy and would crack and some words woudln't even come out.  A Doctor in California removed the polyps and told me they were benign.  10 years later, now, I have them back and this time my voice is much worse and it's sore.  I've use over the counter pepcid AC, you name it I've tried it and nothing seems to make it go away.  The doctor here just told me to go to the pharmacy and buy over the counter stuff.  I have never gone back to him, something he didn't hear that I had them 10 years ago and now their back didn't conern him.

What should I do?
Thanks,
Karen
Tags: polyps, voice, box