Popcorn shard in throat

I am really depressed with this. A small fragment of a popcorn kernel lodged itself in the corner of my thoat somewhere.  Its been there since a month and it hurts!  I am so anxious over this that I shake...  The Ear Nose and Throat specialist investigated the area thoroughly but found nothing.  Stilll, my lymph nodes are swollen on my right side and I have a painful sensation there each time I swallow.  My questions are this:  Can it stay there forever???  Can even popcorn cellulose break down over time?  And last, what should I do, get a second opinion?  Should I try to remove it myself with pipes and stuff???  Does stuff like that happen to others too?

Thanx for any input.

Martin
I'm no expert in your situation but I will suggest that you seen another specialist.  Be careful what you do to try and get it loose because you might damage something and you wouldn't want to do that over a popcorn kernel.

Everytime I eat popcorn I get a kernel stuck between my molars and gums.  It's tough to hit the right spot to get it out.  Even worse if you can't see it.

I'm supprised that your Doctor didn't suggest some other kind of exam.  It's not like you made all of this up and don't have a problem.  I'm confident you'll get it out with the right help.

Good Luck.