Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Possible Cure For Plugged Ears

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Possible Cure For Plugged Ears

If you've got plugged eustachion tubes - here's a possible cure that your ENT probably doesn't know about.  Here's my story.  I had a head cold and my ears closed up as they usually do, but they didn't reopen.  My allergist gave me steroids and a strong antibiodic. After a few days, I was strung out on the steroids - having to take long walks at 2 am to calm down and eventually going to the emergency room with severe anxiety/stress. My allergist said he'd done all he could do and referred me to an excellent ENT.  The ENT prescribed steroid based nose sprays to open the tubes.  After 2 days, it wasn't working and I was going crazy again.  At this time, I went to my chiropractor for my monthly adjustment on my lower back.  He asked me how I was feeling and I said, "great, except for my ears - they are plugged up and it's driving me crazy.  He looked at me and checked my neck and head and said that I was "locked up" in the neck.  He said he had helped other people with clogged ears and explained that nerves leading into the head could cause the muscles in the head to restrict the tubes.  He adjusted me, and had me come back the next day and adjusted me again.  Two days later, my ears started to open up (I had discontinued the nose sprays after just 2 days because of the side effects).  With follow up my ears have opened completely and my hearing is normal.

If you have tried everything, you might consider finding a Gonstead Technique chiropractor (my guy is Dr. Gary Seghi in Austin Texas.  He can be reached at (512) 478-1613.  I would strongly urge you to seek out a Gonstead Technique chiropractor - there aren't too many of them, but they are trully exceptional.

Good luck