Post Nasal Drip and Tooth Sensitivity
I have had sensitivity in a tooth for many years - nothing extreme. X-rays revealed nothing. I have also had post-nasal drip for 5 years. I have sought advice from 4 different dentists. My most recent one found hair-line cracks in the tooth and has used an inlay/partial cap. This has stopped the pain when chewing, but the tooth is still very sensitive to cold (not to hot). I feel a constant background discomfort in the tooth (nothing that requires painkillers). However, my sinus problem/post-nasal drip has got worse - I  use sinus rinses constantly, but nothing stops the drainage, and I have to cough it up constantly during the day (which triggers my asthma).

I don't know where to turn next... I have a feeling that this tooth still isn't quite right... and is it connected to the post-nasal drip?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lynne
Hello and hope you are doing well.

I certainly think seeing an ENT is a good idea.  Infected tooth roots from the upper teeth can go inside the maxillary sinus and cause sinusitis.  The post nasal drip could be due to this. You might need a CT of the sinuses for more information. However, if you do have an infected tooth, you will still need to have this addressed as dental infections can be potentially life-threatening.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.