Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Post Nasal Drip?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Post Nasal Drip?

I have this feeling as if there is always something in the back of my throat. A dripping sensation, once I try to clear my throat, it comes right back. I try to cough the mucus out, but usually never works. I really have to force the mucus out, in order to feel at least a bit better.  This is very embarrassing and I usually have to wait until I am alone. It is really starting to get worse now.  I swallow it at times... I know gross, but I don't want to hack anything up in front of others. It is rude and on top of that really embarrassing. Is there any way I can get rid of this without prescription drugs?
Hello;

Sounds like an allergy. I suppose you could try an OTC med and see if that helps.
   Have you seen an ENT?

Russ
Many things can help post nasal drip. you an try OTC decongestants, antihistamines and mucus thinning agents. if it continues I would take russtoo's advice and see your doctor or ENT.

Also drink lots of fluids but not caffeinated.