Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Post Sinus Surgery clear fluid drainage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Post Sinus Surgery clear fluid drainage

I've had five sinus surgeries which have been relatively helpful. I have been diagnosed with migraines and am allergic to everything but clean air. Within the last year I have developed a clear watery liquid drainage from the left side of my nose.  So much that it has become embarrassing for me to bend over. I have been tested for a CSF leak and it came back negative. My question is one, can a beta 2 test be wrong for CSF and two, if it is not CSF what else can I test for ie. Lymph fluid, tears, watery mucous. This is really a problem and I can't seem to find out what is going on.
Was your fluid test for the beta 2, from what I know you need a certain amount of fluid to test and I believe it isnt that stable once it comes out the nose.  I have been test for CSF myself and believe something on the doctors end is wrong.  I have the fluid filling up in my ears though very rare for me to get it from my nose, though I am told CSF can definltey fill up the ears.  Did you ever have a cisternogram?