Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Post nasal drip

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Post nasal drip

I had post nasal drip for almost 3 weeks. My nose was not runny nor did I feel stuffed up, I now have a mild sore throat no more drip, but phlem and it's clear also the bumps on the back of my tongue appear to be raised on both sides but one side a little more than the other. Does this sound like a sinus infection?
Bump
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. It can lead to a post nasal drip and lead to an irritation in the throat. It could be sinusitis, if it is accompanied by nasal stuffiness and facial pain or pressure. Post nasal drip could also be due to allergens. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment. In the meantime practice good breathing exercises, humidify your room and do steam inhalations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.