Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pressure and liquid in ears won't go away.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

For the past few months I have been having some problems with both of my ears. Everyday there is always this crackling noise and feeling in my ears everytime I swallow. There is also pressure in my ears which seems to build up and die down from time to time. It seemed to get worse when I would listen to music, so I stopped listening to music and it helped a little but my ears still continue to build up pressure and the crackling also seems to have gotten worse. I went to the doctor a while ago to see if I could solve this problem. He took a look inside my ears and saw some liquid in there. So he  gave me a shot and prescribed some r-tanna tablets (an antihistamine). They helped a little but the still symptoms still continue. Does anybody have any suggestions of what I can do so this problem can just stop?
hi,what you are facing is partial obstruction of Eustachian tubes.Treatment for this condition is anti histaminics,decongestants,steam inhalation and steroids in case of persistant symptoms.

Please try chewing gums as constant chewing prevents blockage of tubes.Also, try Valsalva maneuver http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valsalva_maneuver

bye and take care!
My three year old daughter has had bleeding in the ear since her her tubes were put in last june. She was hospitailized for a severe infection in the ears and also had to under go a catscan. The catscan revealed fluid still in the ears which they say we have to watch and undergo every six minths for the possiblitly that it spreads to the back of her brain. Since then she falls constaintly and several times says "what" like she can't hear me. I even found her laying on the speaker in the hospital to hear her cartoons. I sent her to an Audiologist and these are her results- Sound thresholds were age appropriate for the better ear, tympanograms suggested poor compliance right ear, positive pressure in left. We were refered to early intervention. What does this all mean? Is it permanet? Will she need a hearing aid? The suregon didnt drain all the fluid out before putting tubes in, is that bad?