Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pressure between my eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Pressure between my eyes

I have been feeling pressure between my eyes above my nose for around two weeks now.  I have taken sinus medication and my nose ran a bit but nothing major.  I can breathe fine through my nose and I do not feel sick at all.  No ear issues or blockage.   I feel fine when I am moving around, when I am still is when it starts again.  It is really driving me crazy.  I saw a nurse practitioner who is referring me to a specialist.  Any ideas what this could be?    
hi i am replying to your comment concerning pressue above the nose and eyes.i have this also.i have
had antibiotics but still have this pressure feeling.i had a bad cold before i had this.i was wondering if you got any answers as to what yours was.i also get some pressure in my temples and forehead.id appreciate any comments you have.
Hi, it seems that no one responded or added to this topic since November of 2007.  I hope someone can enlighten me on this as well.  I've lived with this non-aching pressure for years.  It doesn't bother me but sometimes it develops into headaches, almost migranes (migraines).  I would like to get the opinion of a doctor or someone who has had experience with this.  All I know is that it is the place where the pineal gland is located.  Thanks,
Maria.
Sorry it's me again, wanted to add some more on the bottom.
I've lived with this non-aching pressure for years.  It doesn't bother me but sometimes it develops into headaches, almost migranes (migraines).  I would like to get the opinion of a doctor or someone who has had experience with this.  All I know is that it is the place where the pineal gland is located.  I've been doing research on the internet and all I find is those cooky sites about having supernatural powers.  I'm in search for a professional medical opinion.

Thanks,
Maria.

I have the same symptoms. No cold symptoms but horrible pressure between my eyes and sometimes I get pressure in my temples or other headpains. I've seen many doctors and they were quick to say migranes (migraines) without any testing but the last doc said it was a cronic (chronic) sinus infection. I did 10 days of antibiotics and nasal spray but 2 days later, my symptoms returned. Doc predicted this would happen so I am seeing her again on Friday and I will probably need more antibiotics. Apparently this takes forever to cure.
RESULTS ARE IN: Okay, so the second round of antibiotics and nasal spray didn't work. I went for a sinus CT scan and met with an ENT (Ears, Nose and Throat Doctor) and I was shocked at the results. (I'm happy I'm okay but upset that I went through 2 ct scans and weeks of antibiotics).... Sinus are clear and no sign of there ever being an infection! ---Doctor saw that I have a deviated septum (bone in nose turns to one side) though this is not was is causing my pain because the pain would be on ONE side of the face usually near cheekbone. He believes that I have TMJ and checked this by touching my jaw as I opened and closed it. This in addition to the fact that I grind my teeth is what is causing my pain. Apparently the pain in muscular and comes from the way my jaw opens and closes.

Please everyone, CT Scans are bad for you cuz of radiation and honnestly, general doctors are not specialized and just hand out antibiotics for no reason. 4 doctors gave me 4 different diagnoses. GO STRAIGHT TO AN ENT Doctor

I wish everyone well:) Oh, I've since stopped chewing gum and concentrate on not clenching my teeth... Pressure is not completly gone but much better...
recently i also experiencing pressure in between my eyes and above the nose. most of the time it happens when i'm sitting or in front of the computer. i also have TMJ disorder but not quite sure that its the one that causes it because i had my TMJ disorder for 2 years and that between the eyes pressure is just recently. i hope somebody will enlighten us here T.T
I have had this pressure for awhile then turned into Vertigo, went to an ENT specialist and he ordered an MRI, then had CT Scans, P.E.T.Scan, MRI's and discovered a tumor in my brain, but it's an unusual case, they don't know what or how it came, I'm still seeing and MS specialist because they were thinking MS but that has not been ruled yet. I go for another MRI in September and will keep you posted. As far as the pressure they have only told me every time I have an MRI that I have a lot of sinus showing and that may be due to allergies and with the tumor, that will only make all of my symptoms much worse from a sinus headache to back pain, I don't know if this will help anyone but hope it won't scare anyone, I wish everybody well.