Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pressure in head and whoosing noise in ears when I stand up from a sitt...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Pressure in head and whoosing noise in ears when I stand up from a sitting position

I have High Blood Pressure and take Atenolol and Lisinopril for it and have for several years. Recently,  in the last few months, I will get a feeling of pressure in my head, my ears plug and I get a whooshing noise in my ears that seems to correspond to my pulse when I stand up from sitting at the computer. It lasts for approximately 30 to 60 seconds. I stand up slowly as I I thought it may be a blood pressure issue, but that doesn't help. This happens frequently, but not every time. It does not happen when I am sitting on the couch reading or watching TV nor does it happen when I stand up from a laying down position. Only when I am sitting at the computer and go to stand up. Could this be related to my HDP?