Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pressure in my ears, tighness in my temples kinda hard to talk

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

HI I have these attacks at times where I get pressure in my ears, like my ears are clogged, I have pressure in my temples. dullness or tightness at the base of my head. Its kinda hard to speak feels like I may lose my mind at any time. Feeling gets real intense for about 5 minutes. But the feeling of the pressure and feeling like I could go crazy last awhile, bout an hour and a half or so. I also get a slight tightness at the top of my jaw. eyes are sensetive to light. I've had a CT scan done, and been to the ENT and had some tests done, all came back negative.My cholesteral was alittle high about 5 months ago shouldn't be anymore. My blood pressure is around 118/76 heart rate in the 60's. My heart stays calm even during these attacks. I wish I knew what is causing this any advise would be appreciated. I have been having bouts with this on and off for about 7 months now. I was told by a general doctor that it could be anxiety disorder, but I am calm during these attacks. No heart racing, or sweating. If you were sitting next to me you wouldnt know anything was wrong. But it feels like any moment I could lose my mind or the ability to speak. I wasnt sure where to post this and the neurology was full so I put in ENT.
Tags: head, Heart, Pain
TMJ (transmandibular joint pain) is one option to explore.  I had severe pain throughout one side of my face, ear, eye and upper molar and I was taking narcotics for pain.  The area around my eye was swollen and I couldn't stand having the spray of water touch my face during a shower.  The pain radiated through my skull to the back of my head.  Numerous tests and scans turned up nothing, a root canal made no difference and after several months, I was referred to a dental pain clinic.  Since I had nothing to lose, they made a splint, as it was possible I was grinding my teeth during sleep.  After a few weeks and several adjustments, my pain level subsided and drugs are no longer required.  The swelling and tenderness on that side of my face also disappeared.  Wearing the splint nightly is essential and even forgetting for one night will cause discomfort.  The splint was worth every penny!!!
Could also be a mirgraine?
Months later but I'm glad I saw this. Josh, those same exact same things happened to me today but I didn't feel like I was going crazy. Basically i started getting a tingling feeling and my jaw and cheek muscles tightened up and my ears went into a clogged feeling. Almost sinus like. I've been stressing lately and really have been clenching my teeth and all. So it could all be build up from that.
just wanted to say again that your EXACT symptoms, even the going crazy part, are what i had for quite some time.

I'm convinced it's either a migraine, or a migraine caused by food intolerances/sensitivities.

But it's definitely in the migraine family if you ask me. I never knew I even had migraines until I had a full on Migraine Aura, full with colorful zig zags and visual psychedelic show. I started looking up symptoms of migraines and i had almost all of them *except* for the typical migraine headaches. My emergency doctor made it clear i was having "Migraine Aura Without Headache".
Hi to everyone!
I've been having very similar symptoms for 6 days now. I feel very weak and have a constant pressure in my ears that spreads out on my head and neck. And I also have my submandigular nodes (on the right side only) swollen. It's prevents me from studying and concentrating. It's also hard to talk sometimes. I went to the ER last night and they gave some antibiotics:( I hate those!! So far, I don't feel any better. Please, tell me what's wrong with me..
i feel a little pressure  in my ear.  when i sneeze it hurts my ear
i have had sum of these symptoms to lately it started about a week ago and for a few days it was just pressure in the back of my head an annoying like pressure..more than a painful one.
then yesterday it started hurting in my temples a pressure like feeling its hard to ignore or not think about.. im so lost on what it could be but i know its not a fun feeling. i also get were it makes me feel like im gonna lose it or pass out.