Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Prolonged sore throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Prolonged sore throat

Hi folk, I'd appreciate some advice. I have had a sore throat for about 6 weeks now. Its weird though- its quite mild, I only really notice it when I swallow and it hasnt came to anything, i.e. no cough, phlegm etc. Its just kinda lingering.
Any ideas?

I might add that I am currently worried I may have an internal candida (yeast) infection (I have lots of the symptoms) and I was recently on anti-biotics for urethritis. It is since I took the meds that I developed a lot of these symptoms, including the sore throat. Ive read the candida can spread from your bowels up the esophagus and cause a sore throat. Could this be it or am I way off! Thanks!
Re: Could it be Candida that's causing your sore throat? I'd say that it's possible.  Hopefully you can find a good doctor who will agree to do an upper endoscopy and take a biopsy of the affected area.  Then you'd know for sure.  Best wishes to you that you find relief soon.