Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Recurring Post-Nasal Drip symptoms for over a year...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recurring Post-Nasal Drip symptoms for over a year...

I posted a thread here about 7 months ago stating my symptoms of what I thought was originally GERD. I subsequently diagnosed myself with Pericoronitis along with the help of my dentist. I then had the problem wisdom tooth removed.

It's now been well over a month and my mouth has been healing extremely quickly. Honestly I was quite surprised, my dentist did a wonderful job.

However the symptoms are far from over.. I was expecting a heavy decrease in discharge in my throat that requires me to spit constantly and also causes heavy gagging, coughing and a constant need to clear my throat. This was not the case at all however, to be honest I've seen a 0% improvement in clearing up these symptoms. The mucus seems to be 75% discharge that is from my nose and 25% saliva. It's yellow/brown in colour, sticky and extremely thick.

I keep an extremely high level of oral hygiene and I think I have a higher level of vitamin intake than most. I brush twice a day, floss and use mouthwash. I have also swapped to using a toothpaste that has no acid in it. As I have heard that it can help. (The stuff that creates foam/bubbles in your mouth, I forgot the name).

The need to constantly clear my throat, or spit is made far worse by drinking anything or doing any sort of exercise that requires me to hyperventilate. Biking, running or even swimming for example. Ingestion of any sort of 'fizzy' fluids e.g. any softdrinks etc. causes an extreme reaction... So in the past year I've drunk nothing really except for water and milk.. Milk is another thing that causes horrible problems... even juice is almost out of the question.

If anyone is going through the same thing please don't hesitate to share your thoughts and please don't hesitate to share your cures.. I will do anything to fix this annoying problem.. I've had this for over a year now, I honestly though that clearing up Pericoronitis would fix the issue but it hasn't done anything at all...

Thanks to anyone for listening to my story :(