Recurring sore throat and swollen glands
I've been sick for the past two months. I've had four bouts of illnesses. With the first I has flu-like symptoms, followed by a post nasal drip sore throat. After that I got a sudden severe sore throat, but it was only on the left side. It felt like someone was ripping out my tonsil! I had very swollen glands and a fever but no cough.  I tested negative for strep twice, and got a culture done that came back negative. I went on antibiotics until I was better.

A week later the sore throat came back in full force, but this time only on the right side. I went on antibiotics again and tested negative for mono twice. For a week and a half I had a mild sore throat that felt like you're regular sore throat. Day by day my right tonsil hurt more and more, and it's getting so I have that "throaty" voice again, and swallowing is painful. This isn't your "scratchy sore throat." It's more of a dull pain that intensifies when I swallow.

I did take antibiotics for two years, which I stopped about four months before I got sick the first time. I've read that they can really lower your immunity and cause you to get sick often. I have also found myself feeling spacey a lot lately. Not sure if that's a symptom associated with my illnesses, or if I'm just low on energy.

Any ideas? This is getting really annoying.
May I ask why were you taking ATB for "two years."  

Was the Mono testing a rapid test or an actual culture?