Aa
A
A
Close
Recurring strep throat
I am 25 years old and have had strep three times in the last two months. The first case was horrible. I ran a high fever, fatigue, extremely sore throat, my whole body ached, neck hurt the worst... I was prescribed Penicillin for ten days. Three weeks later, I started running a fever, sore throat, the whole nine yards again. I was given a Penicillin shot. Two weeks later I started feelin like I was catching a cold, congested, cold, slight sore throat. I noticed my tonsils were swollen much like they were both times before. Once again I was swabbed and tested for strep, along with mono. The strep test was positive again, and I was given Clindamycin four times a day for ten days. I've got three more days left of taking it. I work in Surgery, no one at work has gotten sick, my family, my friends, including my roommate have yet to catch strep. A doctor I scrub with told me to rinse with listerine every two to four hours and to start takin vitamin A and or E. I threw away my tooth brush after the second time I had strep, and cleaned my house with lysol. Why do I keep gettin sick and no one else? The only other time I've ever had strep was when I was about 9 years old, I got a shot and started feelin better the next day. I'm curious if my immune system is low, and I'm continuously getting strep from somewhere, or if I am a carrier, do I really need to be returning to work in Surgery with patients that are sick themselves? How do I get cured and is it possible that I have something other than strep?
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Has your doctor considered a tonsillectomy?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
The doctor who swabbed my throat all three times has not mentioned a tonsillectomy, and the doctor I work in surgery with said if he was me he would not have my tonsils taken out. I'm goin to get a third opinion from an ENT soon. But I also know several people who have had strep and did not have tonsils.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
Top Ear, Nose, Throat Answerers
209987 tn?1451939065