Red spots on my throat, but no pain for over 3 months
Almost 3 months ago I went down with sore throat. No fever or any other symptoms, just a severe case of sore throat. After a week or so, the pain went away, but I noticed that my tonsils were inflames and that I stil had red spot at the back of my throat. I gave few more weeks to see it the spots would away, and since they didn't I went to the Dr. He gave gave me AMOXICILLIN for 10 days, but even after that the red spots were still there. After yet another month I went back to a different Dr. and she said that no more medication is required and that it should go away by itself.
It's been more than 3 months since the onset of this problem, and the red spots and swollen tonsils (i can feel the swollen tonsil when I swallow) are still there. No improvement whatsoever. I have no fever or any other symptoms. I can see some mucus at the back of my throat but I am not congested.
Any ideas what this might be and what I can do about it? Is it about time to visit a specialist?

thanks in advance for the help
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sometimes persistent enlargement of the tonsil can sometimes be due to a lymphoma. It would be worthwhile to see if other lymph groups are enlarged namely, axilla and groin, these can be palpated, the others like those in the chest or abdomen may need a CT to detect their enlargement. Sometimes the tonsil may be removed for histopathological study. You will need to consult your primary care physician for further evaluation, who may then refer you to an ENT specialist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Hi and thanks for the response. I went to an ENT and after a nasal endoscopy it turns out that my irritated throat was due to acid reflux.
My throat still has the red marks and I still feel the lump every time I swallow, but according to the ENT Dr. this can take 6months to a year to go away.

Again thanks for the response
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms can be attributed to GERD, (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach come up into the esophagus. Along with medications you can  try lifestyle measures. Take frequent small meals. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid non steroidal  anti inflammatory medications NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.