Removal of Tonsils, and Adenoids
My question is, "How bad can the pain be on a scale of 1-10 when the tonsillectomy is done on a 2yr old?" Today i cancelled my son's surgery due to me being terrified about the pain he can experience after surgery.  It was a hard decision, and i'm still battling in my head wether i made the right decision. For now i think he's too little, and i want him to be able to tell me at least when it hurts.  i don't plan to postpone for a long time, i will just wait for him to turn at least 3 yrs old in 10  months.
That question cannot really be answered.  Pain is subjective meaning it differs from one person to another.  

Pain is the common problem after Tonsillectomy. No need to worry, as the doctors will surely put your child on some good analgesics and also remember, children can tolerate pain better than the adults. Go ahead! Get the surgery done. All the best, any more doubts you are welcome.

Regards
OHNS2010