Repeat Turbinate Reduction? Tired of suffering....
I had turbinate reduction surgery over a year and a half ago due to repeat sinus infections, stuffiness at night, trouble with nasal congestion. Things went beautifully after surgery and I had no infections, was able to breathe easily. During the past 3-4 months I have been having multiple sinus infections, constant nasal drainage, and at night when I lay down I am unable to breathe through my nose.

A CT of my sinuses was clear and I have had allergy testing which did not reveal anything significant. I do remember when I had the first turbinate reduction that the ENT said the surgery may need to be repeated. I made an appointment to go back to him on Monday.

Is there a possibility that my surgery would have to be repeated? I am tired of suffering. I am constantly blowing my nose, dealing with painful sinus pressure and headaches, and at night it is hard to sleep. I have been doing sinus rinses, along with medications constantly. No luck! I have no tonsils but do have my adenoids.

Any opinions?
anyone have advice?
You could have a sinus infection in your upper sinuses. In many cases, it is a fungal infection that causes a constant allergic reaction.  This is a recent discovery.  Google "Dr. Jens Ponikau" to see his research on this subject.

Sinus rinses are useless in your situation, due to gravity.  A Sinus Flush will overcome gravity.  Use hypertonic saline, which will shrink the swollen tissues.  You may also try nettle leaf capsules, which are a source of magnesium, which some studies have shown to lessen allergic reactions.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

The Flip-Turn Sinus Flush is mildly risky, because you have to bend over to do it, preferably in a shower, but you can also do it outside on soft ground, or you can kneel down and lean over a bathtub with the shower running.

In my personal experience, before I invented the flush, I was unable to breathe through my nose at all, even when I didn't have an active sinus infection.  My turbinates work well, now.

The feedback on turbinate reduction, at least on this forum, is less than favorable.

Good luck