Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Retching 2 months after cold (desperate for help)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I'm really desperate for help but since i have extremely bad social phobia i cannot call my doctor as it brings on a huge panic attack to even contemplate speaking to someone over the phone.

I had a cold in December 2008, ever since then i have been retching every morning (on what feels like phlegm even though it's not masses of it. I dont feel better until it has made me retch. Usually nothing comes up, it justs looks, sounds and feels as though i am being sick. When it does come up it's clear and there's only a bit, not loads.

Because it is such a horrible thing and one of my worst fears is being sick, im having loads of anxiety and panic attacks which start around 7pm and continue up until about 10:30am the next day. If i do sleep i'm waking up having a panic attack.

What could be causing this and why is it lasting so long, what could i do to stop it from happening?

*I had a cold in december 2007 too and this retching coninued for 2 months. Ever since then i've had to sleep sittting up or it happens again if i lay down.

But this recent batch and rectching and sickness is really depressing me, i cannot cope with it anymore, the panic attacks brought on by this are too much to handle.

Please please help. Thank you so much x