I had surgery a year ago for a very large retention cyst in my left max. The cyst was so big it was bulging out! The doctor removed the cyst and fixed my septum. I am still experiencing problems in my sinuses such as lots of mucus, ear pain and facial pressure. I just relocated to another state and just went to another ENT. He ordered another CAT scan. I have another cyst where the old one was. This one is only 1 cm big at this time. Although it has only been growing for about 5 months since the last scan. My new ENT said surgery is not necessary at this time and wants to monitor me for a while to see if it grows. Do you think I should have this removed now or go with waiting a year for another scan?
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.