Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Retention Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Retention Cyst

I had surgery a year ago for a very large retention cyst in my left max.  The cyst was so big it was bulging out!  The doctor removed the cyst and fixed my septum.  I am still experiencing problems in my sinuses such as lots of mucus, ear pain and facial pressure.  I just relocated to another state and just went to another ENT.  He ordered another CAT scan.  I have another cyst where the old one was.  This one is only 1 cm big at this time.  Although it has only been growing for about 5 months since the last scan.  My  new ENT said surgery is not necessary at this time and wants to monitor me for a while to see if it grows.  Do you think I should have this removed now or go with waiting a year for another scan?