Retracted Eardrum and Dizziness
Hello. I had an ear infection about three weeks ago. I have been dizzy ever since then, I saw a doctor yesterday and she said I have a retracted eardrum with fluid behind it. Although, I felt relieved knowing what is wrong with me I have felt horrible for weeks. I have a horrible headache on the same side of my ear problem. I also think I could be having a sinus headache. The only thing that helps is advil and sleep. Should I be more worried? The doctor gave me nasal spray to fix my ear....should I be doing anything else? And is my dizzy spells coming from the ear problem? Please help!!
Fluid inside the eardrum may cause dizziness. The fluid that collects beneath the ear drum with ear infection usually resolves in 3-4 wks time.

Since you have a headache on the same side (duration?) it is likely that you may have an infection of the ear (again), or it may mean sinus infection or just nasal congestion of the same side.

It can be something else as well, as it is difficult to predict without seeing you. But with the history given by you it may be just this. And if the pain and dizziness persist, it is better to see the doctor, and if the fluid hasn't resolved, visit an ENT.

Best,

Thomas Antony