Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Right Ear Throbbing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Right Ear Throbbing

Just recently I have been experiencing a slight throbbing in my right ear only. It seems to come only slightly quite frequently. I have no other problems or symptoms with anything. I was simply wonding what may cause this. There is no pain, it's just extremely anoying. It seems to be in relation to my heart beat, so must be a vain or blood vessel or something causing it. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

Thank you.
A number of things cause throbbing in relation to heart beat.  It's important to get examined by a doctor since one of the reasons is potentially serious, an AVM arteriovenous malformation.  It's probably nothing, but you should get checked.