Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Right sore throat and right ear pain when swallowing.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have had this constant sore throat and ear pain. I just stopped antibiotics two days ago - I took the full doctor recommended course for a bronchial infection. The day after my course of antibiotics stopped, I noticed the sore throat/ear pain. What is going on?

The bronchial infection was from the flu in early January and Amoxicillan wouldn't help also had strep throat with it and had my tonsils out 3 years ago. I forgot to tell the doctor that Amoxicillan doesn't work on me. I ended up running that course and then went back to the doctor 2 weeks ago coughing up green sputum and he said it was bronchial - my throat also hurt same as now and he put me on Doxycycline.
Hi, please try either third generation cephalosporins, cefaclor etc along with decongestants and povidine gargles.

Also, get yourself investigated for sinusitis. Do you have deviated nasal septum? Persistant sore throat may be due to associated sinusitis or ear infection. I hope you are not diabetic?