Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ringing, Tingling and Numbness in Right Ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I am 31yrs old and I have had ringing in my ears for a very long time.  Sometimes it is louder than other times but it varies, it is not just at night or in the morning, it happens all the time.  In the last 4-6 months I have started having a crawling sensation in my right ear.  It only last about 30secs but it is very frequent.  It has never happened in my left ear at all.  About 2-3 months ago it also started having a numb feeling happen at times. It kinda feels like my ear is going to sleep and then it goes away.  It does not hurt, it just gets on my nerves.   My neck does feel tighter on the right more so than the left but thats it.  I use to have headaches everyday but I sartes going to a Chiropractor and that has stopped that.  Please help if you can!!!!
I have had those same problems in both ears and was told that i had a sinus infections and fluid on my ears. I have been using nasonex for abotu 2 weeks and just started on some antibioics, so I hope this works
anyone with tinitus, which i have, the LIPOFLAVANOID works, its a high potency b vitamin. it stops the ringing and all the noises,
In Jan. I had a inter and outer Ear infection ! Turned into 24/7 Tinnutis non-stop now for a few month's ! In my left ear 24/7 now starting in my right ear! at least 12 hours a day!I hear loud noise's white and pink noise wave's, crackling,popping,hissing, sea shell wave's,heart pump's, constant ringing 24/7 and have problem's listening to people come's out mumbling to me and also ask them to repeat it,i sometimes will answer them wrong ! misunderstood them i also going nut's listening 24/7 to this 24/7 can't sleep tried music but still hear noise's can not sound it out it's there 24/7 I have a appointment with ENT but that is taking about 3-5 month's to get in I'am 56 years old female ! Any 1 have any idea's to get rid of this ! I've tried over the counter herbal's clear tinnutis, taking certain vitaim's no help spent to much money! I cut out all my coffee and soda, no salt, staying away from caffine cut down on smoking trying to quit ! I'am going nut's listening to this. I can't deal with this much longer going nut's i lose sleep even get dizzy and lose my balance, there has to be a cure out there somewhere please help me! I've have been researching and at least 17 % in usa has it.I have other problem's also ! But if someone know's something to take i'll try it! or need's a tester on New Tinnutis drug's to help find a cure ! I will do it! Thank you so much hope i hear from some one soon  My 6 year Grandson tell's me this! Grandma. i wish you had your good EAR's back!
Hi mary49er - Just a suggestion, but I would ask the ENT to do an MRI. Some of the symptoms that you are describing such as diminished hearing, loss of balance/dizziness and tinnitus could be many things, one of which is an Acoustic Neuroma. It is a slow growing, benign tumor that orginates from the hearing/balance nerves. I was diagnosed with an AN in 1998, had surgery and doing fine. The symptoms are very subtle and mimic many ear disorders, so diagnosis is often delayed. I was misdiagnosed for close to 2 years by several different doctors. You most likely don't have one, but never hurts to ask the doc on your next visit.

matti
Thank  you Mattie  will tell my ENT when I get my appointment ! Still 24/7  and coping.
lipflavoid THANK YOU VERY MUCH! i wrote the company that make's it wanted a free sample in turn i begged to be a tester! sent me 4 month's to try it send back a questionaire when i'am finished with my first bottle!
It has made a difference in the past few day's my 24/7 is in a lower pitch!
I have the same symptoms you have, different kind of pitch noises some other day, and numbness in my left ear, and doctor does not know and recommend me to see a psiquiatrist. I am normal and good behave, but the noise is driving me crazy. I going to see a specialist in only ears is my next step.

Wish you luck in your search for cure.

Alex

Anyone - Can you pinpoint how to resolve an inner ear numbness
I just ran across your post and as a long time tinnitus sufferer I was wondering where to get Lipoflavanoid - is it available OTC and how much do I take?