Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ringing Ear.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ringing Ear.

Hi, i was recently sick for about a week with very bad nasal congestion so i was constanly blowin my nose for that week. Probably about the 3rd or 4th day that i was sick i noticed a ringing in my right ear. There is no pain and it only feels a little plugged in the morning when i wake up but after being up for about a hour the plugged feeling goes away. Like i said my congestion got better after a week but the ringing still remains, it will be 2 weeks tomorrow that i have had this ringing. The only time i really  notice it is when i wake up in the morning or if im in a quiet room(like restroom). Some days it feels like the ringing has stopped but then i wake up the next morning and there it is again. I tried some nasal decongestants(without sudafed) but they didnt work, the guy at the pharmacy told me if they dont work to try sudafed. Do you think i should get some sudafed and give it another week or go to the doctor now?