Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ringing in ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ringing in ear

Hi, i am a 23 yr old male.  I notice that when im in a quite room or at night when im then bed i have some ringing in my ears.  The ringing is constant and its not very loud.  Every once in awhile i notice that it seems like my hearing is going down (like the volume is going down) which is followed by a ringing.  This ringing only last for 30 seconds and its louder than the one i hear at night.  Is this normal?
i notice when im in a room alone, and nothing is on like the tv or music. i hear like the sound of silence like that staticy sound. and it seems to be louder in one ear than the other, and im worried too. but i think its my mind that casuing all this.