Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ringing in ears after loud concert - please help
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ringing in ears after loud concert - please help

i went to a loud concert 24 hours ago. it was long concert like 3 hours. i was pretty close to the speaker. i have been to concerts before and after leaving ears ring for the rest of the night and after i sleep it goes away. this time however. i came home ringing. went to sleep thinking it would be gone the next day but it is NOT gone. it's better not as loud but they are still ringing. i'm freaking out. it has been about 24 hours now. will this go away? has anyone experienced this after exposure to loud noise? how long till i should see a doc? is 24 hours normal ? 2 days? 3 days? i'm only hoping to get help on the topic. i really do not want to hear about what  i should have done different. yes i realize that i should have used ear plugs and yes i've learned my lesson that i will use plugs from now on. at this moment i just need insight as to whether this has happened to any of you before how long it lasted and what the outcome was and how to make it stop. and yes i have read about tinitis. it does not say how long "normal" ringing should last after loud noises before it is considered permanet