Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Roaring in my ears

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Roaring in my ears

I sometimes having a loud roaring in my ears, and my head hurts badly.  I know I have allergies, but I also have a tendency of high blood pressure.  I can't take sinus meds to dry up the fluid.  What do you suggest?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
A detailed history and work up may be necessary for appropriate diagnosis and treatment of your condition Exposure to loud noise, otosclerosis, acoustic neuromas, inner ear infection, migraine, high blood pressure all can cause roaring in ears and headaches.A careful history, physical examination and X-rays will help in determining the cause. See a primary care physician.After a clinical examination he may refer you to an ENT specialist or a neurologist. Based on the clinical findings you may need to get investigated. You may need imaging tests such as CT or MRI scans. Do write to me with more queries.
Best luck and regards!