Salivary glands/Wharton's ducts
Wharton's ducts are apparently ducts from the salivary glands which are under your tongue (the horizontal bits of skin which join to the vertical bit). I've noticed recently that they seem to swell up when I drink fruit juice (or maybe it's only guava juice since that's what I've been drinking recently). The swelling goes away afterwards and in itself doesn't bother me (it's not painful), but seems rather odd. I've got various other ENT/gastro symptoms which I'm seeing specialists for in a couple of weeks so I wondered if I should mention this or if it was normal?? I can't find anything similar on the web
Did you ever find out what was wrong?  I have a bump under my tongue off to the side like you said...it has been there for years sometimes it is really small and other times big.  I can only feel it with my tongue.

Let me know what your doctor said...Thanks!