Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Salivary stone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Salivary stone?

I was diagnosed with a salivary stone last week. The doctor placed me on antibiotics ( 300 mg Cleocin HCL )  - 4 times a day, every six hours. I had the classic symptoms ( swollen gland under the right side of my lower jaw, tenderness in gland and under right side of chin area). I don't think I've passed the stone because there's still a slight swelling in the gland area though the antibiotics have seemed to help considerably. My jawline is no where as near tender as it was and I have no pain under my chin now. My issue - I was checked by two different doctors for abcessed molars and they said there were none. Tonight, while checking, I noticed puss around one of my back lower molars along the side of my back gum but the tooth itself isn't sore and there's no swelling in my face / cheek area. Is it from a salivary gland in actuality or do I have something else going on? I forgot to to take some of my antibiotics due to a family event / issue and have started them back up. My throat is a little sore now as is the side of my cheek but I think I scraped it with my toothbrush! I was also checked for oral cancers but had no indications of such.... What's going on?! And should I be worried?
So see a dentist next.  A dentist can best evaluate you.  Describe the pus you saw.  
Take your medications as prescribed, forget about the missed doses, but carry on until you have finished the course.

If you are seeing puss coming out of your gum, make an appointment to see your dentist.  He will be able to do an x-ray, or may know exactly what it is by looking and examining inside your mouth.  He will advise you on the best course of action to be taken.

In the meantime, mix up some salt with water and use this to gargle and rinse your mouth and then spit it out.  Do this while you have the problem.