Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Salivation/Nausea
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Salivation/Nausea

I am a healthy 43 year old female.  My only prescription is Trivora (I have taken this for many years).  For a little over a week I have been experiencing several episodes of sudden onset of salivating with a "thick feeling under chin" just like before you throw up. I do not have any stomach nausea at all--just that horrible feeling under my tongue/chin.  It happens with or without food.  What is going on with me?
Related Discussions
-7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Could you have the mumps? because this virus can attack other salivary glands, which can affect you under the jaw and under the tongue rather than affecting the parotid salivary glands. There can also be many other causes for your symptoms, such as oral infections, liver disease, reflux disease, pancreatitis and other things and some meds can also produce these symptoms. Best to be checked by your GP for an accurate diagnosis.
Blank
Evie-- Thank you for your comment re: my nausea.  It is interesting that you mention the pancreas.  Approx. 2 years ago my pancreas hurt something awful right after I would begin eating.  The GI doctor scoped my stomach and area near pancreas w/o any findings but put me on Nexium which I take PRN.  Reflux is sometimes a problem at night (cough in my sleep a lot).  I will take more Nexium!  Thank you for your help!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank