Salty mucus
I have had a very bad taste in my mouth along with excess mucus since I finished chemotheropy for breast cancer one year ago.  I constantly have mucus coming from the nasal area into my mouth with a very salty taste.  Part of my tongue also feels numb as do my finger tips and toes.  I do have bronchiactasis but my respiratory specialist feels it has nothing to do with the problem.   My GP also doesn't know what it could be nor the oncologist.  I am on an arimatase inhibitor called Arimidex which could account for bad taste but the mucus is the problem.  Thanks for any help you might have.  
Could be the Med ask your Doc about it.Good Luck, hope you are healing okay.
Dear Gayle
I couldn't believe it when I read you comment about all the problems you are suffering after all the treatment for breast cancer.  I am suffering exactly the same one year on from the chemo.  I too have been blaming Arimidex.  Can I ask you if you are coughing badly with the mucus too?  I feel like I am chocking at times!  I know what you mean about the salty taste, and yet my food actually tastes bland.  I would love to hear from you.

Jane
ive been tastinge salt since  4 days into a trip to the ocean in the beginning of aug. drs think im   crazy but the salty taste is real. dr said i might have perverted taste buds LOL i dont use salt anymore because its like having a built in salt shaker on my lips good luck wayne