Septoplasty Recovery
About two and a half weeks ago I had a Tonsillectomy/Septoplasty performed on my left nostril. My throat feels great, but my breathing has not improved in my left nostril. I believe that my stints were removed too early (just two days after the procedure). When they were originally taken out I could breathe extremely well, but shortly after my breathing became worse. The doctor said that this is "rebound swelling", however he also said that it should only last about a week. I have followed all post-op techniques including saline spray and a neti-pot. I have had allergy testing and a sinus screening performed recently and do not have problems with either.

Is it possible that, because the stints were removed too early, my nose is not healing properly? If this is the case, what can be done to fix the issue of the "stuffy feeling" that lingers in my left nostril?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It may take some time for the post op swelling to settle down. As it resolves your symptoms of breathing should resolve. If after about 4 weeks your symptoms still persist, consult your doctor to rule out an infection.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.