Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Severe Sinus Disease and neuro symptoms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Starting two years ago I started having weird neuro problems.  Mostly sensory issues (tingling, slight numbness, dizziness, pain in limbs,whole body twitching, and weakness).  

I was sent to a neurologist to be evalutated for Neuro disorders.  Had brain MRI w/wo contrast that came back normal except for showing sinus disease. This was a suprise to me cause I had NO symptoms what so ever of sinus infection.  No congestion, no drainage.. NOTHING!!  
The neuro concluded that I had nothing neurological and sent me back to my reg. dr.  She then sent me to the ENT for the sinus problems that showed in MRI.  I had a sinus ct done that did show major sinus problems and the dr recommended I have surgery. He said they were very bad.  Well shortly after my sx go better so I just left it at that.

Now almost 2 years later the symptoms are back and worse this time around. Symptoms are pretty much the same however I am having a lot of burning pain in my legs and arms this time and the dizziness and weakness is bad.  Also having brain fog.

Again saw neuro, had MRI of brain and spine done that came back normal again except for the sinus problems again.  Just had another sinus CT done yesterday and am going back to ENT next week.   Once again no Sinus symptoms.

Is it possible that this full blown sinus disease is causing all these symptoms???  My aunt had a similar thing happen to her a long time ago.  She had some neuro sx and ended up having sinus surgery sometime later.  Well after surgery she got better.  

I don't know if it is possible or not.  Wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or comments.
  thanks!
  Skarey

I know it has bene a while since your post, but I was wondering if you ever got your issue under control. I am experiencing similar symptoms; however, no diagnose has been made! I have been through many tests, and nothing (except a few deficiencies that have been corrected). It's been over a year since I started with my symptoms.